- Inhibitors of cysteine proteases crucial for myxozoan pathogenicity and their interaction with the fish host. Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport of the Czech Republic, program Inter-Excellence, subprogram Inter-Action (LTAUSA17201; PI: P. Sojková, 2017-2021)
- Marine Myxozoa and their link to meiofauna: Communities, biodiversity and life cycles. Swedish Research Council (2016-00541; PI: I. Meyer-Wachsmuth, 2016-2019).
- ParaFishControl - Advanced tools and research strategies for parasite control in European farmed fish. European Commission RIA - Research and Innovation Action, H2020 SFS-2014-2 Sustainable Food Security (project reference 634429, Coordinator: A. Sitja-Bobadilla, 2015-2020). Webpage: http://www.parafishcontrol.eu/ Project factsheet and Newsletter
- Transmission strategy and parasitic load of C. longicollis hosts in relation to Mediterranean aquaculture. CAS proramme of support of postodoctoral fellowships (MSM200961706; P.I. A. born-Torrijos; 2017-2019).
- Turn the tide on limited myxozoan phylogeny: using high throughput sequencing to discover new Myxozoa species from the Southwest Atlantic Ocean. Czech Academy of Sciences/Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas (CONICET) (Bilateral mobility project, PI: A.S. Holzer, 2017-2018).
- Testing parasiticidal and immunomodulatory substances to combat myxozoan infections in aquaculture using novel in vitro and in vivo models. Technology Agency of the Czech Republic (TG02010016; PI: A.S. Holzer, 2016-2018).
- Large scale fish and water environment screening to assess the biodiversity of the Myxozoa: A metagenomic approach. Czech Science Foundation (16-20744S; PI: I. Fiala, 2016-2018).
- ECIP - European Centre for Ichthyoparasitology. Center of Excellence, Czech Science Foundation (505/12/G112; Coordinator: M. Gelnar, Masaryk University, Brno, 2012-2018).
- MODBIOLIN - Use of model organisms to resolve crucial biological problems on the path to innovations. European Commission, FP7-REGPOT-2012-2013-1 (project reference 316304, Coordinator: F. Sehnal, 2013-2015).
- Novel Approaches for comparative study of myxozoan life cycle stages - Identifying genes as well as cellular components of biological relevance for parasite proliferation. CAS Program for international collaboration (M200961205, PI: A.S. Holzer, 2012-2014).
- Opening new chapter: Diversity, biology and phylogeny of Myxozoa parasitizing Amphibia. Czech Science Foundation (GAP506/10/2330; PI: M. Jirků; 2010-2013).
- Biology and phylogeny of spaherosporid myxosporeans from economically Important fish: application of molecular tools. Czech Science Foundation (GPP506/11/P724 , PI: P. Bartošová; 2011-2013).
- In vitro trials contributing to the development of in-feed treatments against AGD. Contractor: Skretting Aquaculture Reasearch Centre R & D, 2016-2018.
- Testing in-feed ingredients with potential amoebicidal effect to Paramoeba spp. Contractor: Skretting Aquaculture Reasearch Centre R & D, 2014-2015.
- Identification of agents of gill disease in Northern European Atlantic salmon and experimental trials using selected antiparasitic substances. Contractor: Skretting Aquaculture Reasearch Centre R & D, 2013.
- 8th International Symposium on Aquatic Animal Health, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada, 2nd-6th Sept. 2018
- 14th International Congress of Parasitology (ICOPA), Exco, Daegu, Korea, 19th-24th Aug. 2018
- Watch our movie scholar on myxozoan life cycles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU4N4xSwKVE
- Myxozoan network: http://www.myxozoa.org/
- Tree of life - Myxozoa: http://tolweb.org/Myxozoa/2460
- Tree of life - Amoebae: http://tolweb.org/notes/?note_id=51
We are continuously looking for students of all levels. We are also searching for a postdoc with experience in bioninformatics. Interested? Please contact the head of the laboratory of Dr. Astrid Holzer (email@example.com).