International PhD Program in Parasitology
The international PhD program of the French national research project 'ParaFrap' is currently open for applications for 17 Ph.D. positions to be started in October 2021.
The LabEx (Laboratory of Excellence) ParaFrap is a Health Sciences collaborative research program focusing on Molecular and Cellular Parasitology in its wider sense. The network gathers 26 French leading groups in the field and is funded by the Excellence Initiative of the French Ministry of Research. Four major research fields are investigated in protozoan models such as Plasmodium, Toxoplasma, Leishmania, Trypanosoma and Cryptosporidium:
- Post-genomic data exploration
- Mechanisms of pathogenesis and protective immunity
- Parasite molecular and cellular biology
- Towards new intervention strategies against parasitic pathogens
The ParaFrap International Ph.D. program is an ambitious program offering competitive Ph.D. grants to high-quality students/early stage scientists. Applications are open to non-French students. The early stage scientists will be joining research projects selected by an external scientific board and managed by a main supervisor and a co-supervisor from two distinct research groups of the LabEx. These core research projects will focus on the use of state-of-the- art post-genomic tools to enhance knowledge of the parasites' biology and of their interactions with their hosts. We are committed to providing ParaFrap Ph.D. students with the best starting platform for a successful career in science. Additional information about ParaFrap can be found on http://www.labex-parafrap.fr/en/.
1. Applicants must have achieved academic excellence and be highly motivated to pursue a Ph.D. project in Parasitology. They should have obtained a 'Masters 2' degree or an equivalent (5 years after high/secondary school) in science by July 2020; out of this format, only exceptional applications (upon justification) will be considered by the program director.
2. English language skills are mandatory.
3. The PhD program does not have an age restriction, but most accepted candidates are 24–26 years old and start their Ph.D. within a year of finishing their M.Sc., a few of them within 3 years.
4. Mobility between the Master's lab and the Ph.D. host lab is mandatory, meaning that the applicants must change from their present Research Director and Institute to another one for the Ph. D. training
More information in the attached documents.